Clawfoot Tub + Shower = Clawfoot tub shower
So, you have a clawfoot tub and tub and while you love it’s elegance and style you’re considering getting something else installed that can accommodate a shower. Well woooaaahhhhhh there. The plumbing industry has come a LONG way in this department, especially in the last 10 years. Today’s market offers so many products to address owners in this situation that I guarantee there’s an affordable option out there that will meet your needs exactly.
There are lots of great kits out there to make the addition of a shower not only an attractive upgrade but even something that you can do yourself.
There are a few different ways you can make this happen:
- The first and probably most popular way is to purchase an entire kit. Most kits will include:
- Diverter – This is what diverts the water from the faucet to the shower head
- Riser – The riser is the pipe that carries the water from the faucet up to the shower head.
- Shower head – There are many different styles of showerheads availalbe and I’ll cover those options in another article
- Enclosure - This is what your shower curtain will hang from. Enclosures are available in nearly every finish and can really make a huge visual impact on a room.. These also come in many different styles such as ovals, D shapes and the rare old-world circle.
- Faucet – This depends on if the faucet you have now can handle the addition of a shower and diverter. You can have a look at my other article that focuses on clawfoot tub shower faucets.
- If you’re more adventurous or just like to really have control of all the details then you could purchase the parts individually. As you may expect this will usually cost you a little bit more but you will be guaranteed to get the exact look that you’re going for and in some cases you will be able to obtain higher quality components.
If you’re unsure about what choice to make that will match the finish on your clawed feet then send me an email or have a look at my manufacturers list and contact your tubs manufacturer with the question. Please don’t forget to come back to this site to for more information about installation and when you decide to purchase please click on one of my links for your purchase. Thank you.
Well, now you know what the options are as well as some of the considerations. Hey, hanging onto your clawfoot tub is good for the value of your home and adding a shower to it is not going to be very difficult and you will get a LOT more use out of it. Onward and upward!